Ya know… us “Floridians,” in particular those of us from the southern-most part of the “Sunshine State” are lucky. Beyond lucky. The “coldest day ever” (which just happens to be tomorrow) will reach a whopping 39 degrees F tomorrow morning. Believe me when I say, you will never see more “Ugg” boots out and about in your entire life until tomorrow at about 9:00am. That being said… I couldn’t help but appreciate the unbelievably glorious weather we’ve experienced up until this Abominable Snowman Snap. The picture above has absolutely zero filters and was taken at the beginning of a run that’ll “supposedly” get me back into a marathon training state-of-mind. Well…. it worked. Without further ado…
FTL Winter Sunset Fruit Parfait
Serves: 4-6 Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 1 hour
What you’ll need:
- 1 container Lite Cool Whip
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs or 2 cups granola or your choosing
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups mangoes or cantaloupe (I personally despise cantaloupe and would sacrifice an arm and a leg for mangoes)
- 3 bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mashed blueberries mixed with 2 cups Cool Whip topping
What to do:
- Line bottom of one large, round, glass serving dish with 1 and 1/2 cups of Cool Whip.
- Add two cups of ground graham cracker crumbs or granola over cool whip.
- Then, add 1 cup of blueberries, spread evenly, over graham crackers or granola.
- Place 2 cups of mangoes or cantaloupe on top of blueberries.
- Top with thinly, sliced bananas.
- Muddle/mash blueberries. Then, gently spoon in blueberries into remaining Cool Whip.
- Finally, top bananas with blueberry and Cool Whip mixture. Refrigerate, covered for 30-45 minutes before serving.