I’m kind of, sort of, maybe on this slight health kick after eating pizza for 8 meals in the past 5 days (not sorry) and I needed a side to go with my leftover Baked Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken from yesterday that would be filling, but not weigh me down like whale (it is swimsuit season after all). My best blondeshell and twin recommended I try a cauliflower mash instead of baked potatoes. I’ve modified a Paula Deen recipe to make it just a smidgen more calorie conscious. Without any more jib jab… here comes bikini season… I mean the recipe.
Garlic Cauliflower Mash
Servings: 3-4 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb bag frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 oz. fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Thinly chopped scallions (optional topping)
What to do:
- Cook the frozen cauliflower as directed on the packaging. Make sure it is thoroughly cooked and soft.
- When cauliflower is cooked, drain and pat dry very well with paper towels.
- Add garlic, cream cheese, and cauliflower to food processor and blend until very fine. Mix with spoon, then add salt and pepper to processor and blend again.
- Spoon out cauliflower mash and top with scallions (if desired).