It’s been awhile since I’ve posted something yummy. This meal is the perfect balance of protein, veggies, and taste. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or bland. The following recipe was modified from a few different things I read on Pinterest.
Creamy Avocado Zucchini Pasta with Chicken
Servings: 2 Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 1 Vegetti
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 15 basil leaves
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 12 ounces chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Mojo sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Wash the zucchinis, basil leaves and cherry tomatoes. Be sure to dry all produce thoroughly.
- Cut the chicken into 2 inch strips and place in a plastic bag with Mojo sauce to marinate. You can marinate the chicken overnight as well for more flavor.
- While chicken is marinating, halve the avocados, remove the pits and scoop the avocados into a food processor. Add the olive oil, basil leaves, minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Chop the mixture until all ingredients are blended well and creamy.
- Using the Vegetti, make zucchini pasta. I used the “thin pasta” side of the Vegetti and used scissors to cut the pasta pieces into 6-inch pieces). Place zucchini pieces on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt to get rid of extra moisture.
- Cook marinated chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through (about 10-12 minutes).
- While chicken is cooking, bring a large pot of water to boil for the zucchini pasta. When water is boiling, add the zucchini to water and let cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until pieces are bright green. Strain the water from the pot.
- Heat a small pan on stove over high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the whole cherry tomatoes to the pan. Allow the tomatoes to brown on sides evenly (about 2-4 minute).
- Add the mixed avocado mixture to the large pot with zucchini to warm all ingredients together.
- To serve, place zucchini and avocado mixture in a bowl, top with cherry tomatoes and chicken.