Im not going to lie and pretend that everything is peachy keen all of the time. Social media would have us believe that all of our friends, family, acquaintances and other strangers are living these blissful, stress free lives.
Welp… I’m here to say that’s a crock. Everyone is fighting a battle. That being said… my go to, pick me up is the kitchen and a solid meal. There’s nothing better than a hearty, tasty breakfast treat. The following recipe is unbelievably easy to make and is the perfect Sunday morning blues cure (the mimosa doesn’t hurt either).
Sunday Morning Breakfast Hash
servings: 1 prep: 5 minutes total time: 15 minutes
What you’ll need:
– 1 medium Yukon Gold Potato
– 1/4 medium white onion
– 1 chicken and apple sausage link
– 1/4 cup of mixed tomatoes, peppers and onions (I used the pre-cut medley from Publix)
– 2 large eggs, cooked any way (I did over easy)
– 1/4 cup reduced fat mild cheddar cheese
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– salt, pepper and smoked paprika to taste
What to do:
1. Cut potato into small cubes (about 1/2 inch cubes). Chop 1/4 of white onion. Add cubed potato, copped onion, sliced chicken and apple sausage, 1/4 cup tomato, pepper and onion mixture to heated vegetable oil in medium pan. Sprinkle salt, pepper and smoked paprika to taste over potato and onion mixture. Cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until ingredients are softened.
2. While potato mixture is cooking, cook eggs as desired.
3. When potato mixture is cooked, put potato mixture in the bottom or a bowl. Place shredded cheddar cheese on top of potato and sausage mixture. Place cooked eggs on top of cheese.
4. Fix yourself a ding dang mimosa (or move this step to #1).